The Energy and Environment Cabinet’s
Division of Waste Management is
sponsoring waste tire collection events
across Kentucky, meaning Kentuckians can
drop off unwanted tires free of charge.
Waste tires are collected and recycled through “beneficial end use” markets to become products such as tire-derived fuel or crumb rubber mulch.
The Waste Tire Program is financed by the Waste Tire Trust Fund, which receives $1 from the sale of every new tire purchased in the state. The fund is dedicated to managing scrap tires and developing sustainable markets for recycled tire products.
More than 22 million scrap tires have been collected during collection events and illegal open dump cleanups since the program began in 1998.
The following is a schedule of upcoming waste tire collection event dates. Please contact your local solid waste coordinator for event locations and hours of operation.
Upcoming Dates and Counties
- April 10, 11, 12: Johnson, Morgan
- April 24, 25, 26: Bath, Magoffin
- May 1, 2, 3: Carroll, Wolfe
- May 8, 9, 10: Gallatin, Lee
- May 15, 16, 17: Campbell, Breathitt
- May 29, 30, 31: Kenton, Knott
- June 12, 13, 14: Boone, Letcher
- June 19, 20, 21: Leslie, Pendleton
- June 26, 27, 28: Grant, Perry
- July 10, 11, 12: Owen, Owsley
For more information about the Kentucky Division of Waste Management’s Waste Tire Program, click here.