Not all news needs to be covered through an extended article. But it is still
important that you know about activities and decisions that may affect your business, communities and families. To help keep you informed, the Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) routinely compiles a short listing of state and federal topics that we affectionately call SNIPS. If you have questions about these items or need environmental assistance, contact DCA at 800-926-8111 or email@example.com.
- Public Notices for DAQ, DWM and DOW – Check this site for any public notices for the Division for Air Quality, Division of Waste Management and Division of Water.
- EPA Strategic Plan Charts Direction for Next Four Years –The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued its fiscal year (FY) 2014 to 2018 Strategic Plan, which provides a blueprint for advancing the EPA’s mission to protect public health and the environment across the country. The plan envisions a new era of partnerships with state and local governments, tribes, federal agencies, businesses and industry leaders to achieve environmental benefits in a pragmatic, collaborative way.
- EPA Awarding Nearly $13 Million to Assist Small Drinking Water and Wastewater Systems Across the U.S. –The EPA is awarding $12.7 million in grants to help small drinking and wastewater systems – those serving fewer than 10,000 people – and to private well owners. The grantees will provide training and technical assistance to improve small system operations and management practices and promote system sustainability.
- EPA Seeks Small Entity Participation on Upcoming Medium- and Heavy-Duty Greenhouse Gas Emissions Standards –The EPA is inviting small businesses, governments, and not-for-profit organizations to participate as Small Entity Representatives (SERs) for a Small Business Advocacy Review (SBAR) Panel. This panel will focus on the agency’s proposed extension of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles’ greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions standards beyond model year 2018.
- EPA Publishes 19th Annual U.S. Greenhouse Gas Inventory –The EPA released its 19th annual report of overall U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, showing a 3.4 percent decrease in 2012 from 2011. The Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks, which is submitted annually to the Secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, presents a national-level overview of annual greenhouse gas emissions since 1990.