Not all news needs to be covered through an extended article. But it is still
important that you know about activities and decisions that may affect your business, communities and families. To help keep you informed, the Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) routinely compiles a short listing of state and federal topics that we affectionately call SNIPS. If you have questions about these items or need environmental assistance, contact DCA at 800-926-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Notices for DAQ, DWM and DOW – Check this site for any public notices for the Division for Air Quality, Division of Waste Management and Division of Water.
- EPA Identifies Substitutes for Toxic Flame Retardants and Solicits Comments –The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is soliciting comments until Aug. 11, 2014, on the draft update of a previous alternatives assessment on flame retardants used in flexible polyurethane foam.
- EPA Proposes Approval of New Refrigerants – The EPA is proposing to increase the options for refrigerants in the United States.
- EPA Releases New Policy Statement on Climate Change Adaptation – The EPA released a new policy statement on climate change adaptation committing the agency to work with states, tribes and local communities to increase their resilience to extreme weather events and prepare for the impacts of climate change.
- EPA Proposes Updates to Reduce Methane and Other Harmful Pollution from New Landfills – The EPA is proposing updates to its air standards for new municipal solid waste landfills, which would require certain landfills to capture additional landfill gas.
- EPA Proposes Updates and Clarifications for Requirements for Well Completions, Storage Tanks and Natural Gas Processing Plants and Solicits Comments – The EPA is proposing updates and clarifications to its 2012 New Source Performance Standards for the oil and natural gas industry. Comments on the proposal, identified by Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OAR-2010-0505, may be submitted.