Not all news needs to be covered through an extended article. But it is still
important that you know about activities and decisions that may affect your business, communities and families. To help keep you informed, the Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) routinely compiles a short listing of state and federal topics that we affectionately call SNIPS. If you have questions about these items or need environmental assistance, contact DCA at 800-926-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Notices for DAQ, DWM and DOW – Check this site for any public notices for the Division for Air Quality, Division of Waste Management and Division of Water.
- 2015 EJ Small Grants Request for Applications – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Office of Environmental Justice announced the opening of its Request for Applications (RFA) for the 2015 Environmental Justice Small Grants (EJSG) Program. The EJSG Program provides funding for eligible applicants for projects that address local environmental and/or public health issues within an affected community. The program is designed to help eligible nonprofit organizations and Tribal communities understand and address exposure to multiple environmental harms and risks at the local level.
- EPA Releases Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data from Large Facilities – The EPA released its fourth year of Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program data, detailing greenhouse gas pollution trends and emissions broken down by industrial sector, geographic region and individual facilities.
- EPA Increases Access to Chemical Information – The EPA posted additional data and added new functions to ChemView, the EPA’s publicly accessible, one-stop online tool to find information for chemicals regulated under the Toxic Substances Control Act. EPA is also encouraging people to complete a ten minute customer satisfaction survey to help guide future improvements to ChemView. This survey asks about how people use ChemView, the usefulness of the tool, how it can be optimized to help advance chemical safety, and suggestions for additional content and functionality.
- Small-Biz@EPA Bulletin Available Online – The Small-Biz@EPA Bulletin is now available online. This bulletin provides an opportunity to highlight information on agency activities and rulemakings and to share information about ongoing initiatives from the State Small Business Environmental Assistance Programs.