Not all news needs to be covered through an extended article. But it is still
important that you know about activities and decisions that may affect your business, communities and families. To help keep you informed, the Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) routinely compiles a short listing of state and federal topics that we affectionately call SNIPS. If you have questions about these items or need environmental assistance, contact DCA at 800-926-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public Notices for DAQ, DWM and DOW – Check this site for any public notices for the Division for Air Quality, Division of Waste Management and Division of Water.
- EPA Announces Final Decision to Register Enlist Duo, Herbicide Containing 2, 4-D and Glyphosate – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) is registering the herbicide, Enlist Duo with first-time ever restrictions to manage the problem of resistant weeds. The pesticide is for use in controlling weeds in corn and soybeans genetically-engineered (GE) to tolerate 2,4-D and glyphosate.
- EPA Makes Preliminary Determinations to Regulate Strontium in Drinking Water – The EPA has made a preliminary determination to regulate strontium in the nation’s drinking water. Strontium is a naturally occurring element that, at elevated levels, can impact bone strength in people who do not consume enough calcium. The EPA is requesting public comment on the preliminary regulatory determinations for five CCL 3 contaminants until Dec. 19, 2014.
- EPA Publishes New Guidance for Schools Integrating Indoor Air Quality and Energy Efficiency – The EPA released new guidelines to equip school districts with tools to integrate indoor air quality (IAQ) protections into school energy efficiency retrofits and other building upgrade projects, thus helping schools implement important energy efficiency upgrades without compromising occupant health.
- EPA Launches a Voluntary Star-Rating Program to Reduce Pesticide Drift – The EPA announced a new voluntary Drift Reduction Technology program to encourage the use of verified, safer pesticide spray products to reduce exposure and pesticide movement while saving farmers money in pesticide loss.
- EPA Invites Communities to Apply for Assistance to Build Resilience, Pursue Revitalization – The EPA invited communities to apply for technical assistance to implement smart growth development approaches. The EPA is offering this technical assistance through the Building Blocks for Sustainable Communities program to help communities across the country, including underserved communities, coastal communities, small cities and rural areas, adopt sustainable growth strategies.
- EPA Proposes to Remove 72 Chemicals from Approved Pesticide Inert Ingredient List – The EPA is requesting public comment on a proposal to remove 72 chemicals from its list of substances approved for use as inert ingredients in pesticide products. For the list of 72 chemical substances and to receive information on how to provide comments, see the Federal Register Notice in docket # EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0558.To access this notice, copy and paste the docket number into the search box at: http://regulations.gov. Comments are due Nov. 21, 2014.