Not all news needs to be covered through an extended article. But it is still
important that you know about activities and decisions that may affect your business, communities and families. To help keep you informed, the Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) routinely compiles a short listing of state and federal topics that we affectionately call SNIPS. If you have questions about these items or need environmental assistance, contact DCA at 800-926-8111 or email@example.com.
- Public Notices for DAQ, DWM and DOW – Check this site for any public notices for the Division for Air Quality, Division of Waste Management and Division of Water.
- The Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) Division of Natural Areas is offering an online course from Jan. 20 to May 15, 2015, titled “Wetland Design and Restoration.” Participants will learn how to design and restore naturally appearing and functioning wetlands. The EKU Division of Natural Areas is also offering a hands-on training, “Wetland Design and Restoration Techniques Workshop” from May 18-22, 2015. Participants will receive training in how to design, restore, construct, maintain and plant wetlands. For more information about either class, contact Dr. Stephen Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EPA Calls for Nominations for 20th Annual Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced its call for nominations for the 2015 Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Awards for companies or institutions that have developed innovative technologies in six categories. Nominations are due to the agency by Dec. 31, 2014.
- EPA Solicits Applicants for the 2015 Environmental Justice Small Grants Program – The EPA is soliciting applications from eligible nonprofit groups and tribal communities for the 2015 Environmental Justice Small Grants (EJSG) Program. The EJSG program provides funding for projects that help communities understand and address exposure to multiple environmental harms and risks at the local level. The application deadline is Jan. 9, 2015.
- EPA Seeks Grant Proposals for Environmental Education Project – Under the Environmental Education Grants Program, the EPA seeks grant proposals from eligible applicants to support environmental education projects that promote environmental awareness and stewardship and help provide people with the skills to take responsible actions to protect the environment.
- EPA Awards Grants to Reduce Indoor Pollutant Exposures – The EPA awarded funding to eight organizations throughout the United States to protect public health by reducing exposure to indoor pollutants, such as radon, and environmental asthma triggers commonly found in homes, schools, offices and other large buildings. One of the recipients of the “National Indoor Environments Program: Reducing Public Exposure to Indoor Pollutants” cooperative agreements is the Conference of Radiation Control Program Directors, in Frankfort, Ky.