Major changes have been approved for Kentucky’s Laboratory Certification Program.
Kentucky’s Laboratory Certification Program ‘s (KLCP) Proficiency Testing (PT) requirements have been approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency Region 4 as a replacement for National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Discharge Monitoring Report-Quality Assurance (DMR-QA).
What does this mean?
- Laboratories and permittees that were required to participate in the annual DMR-QA program now only have to participate in Kentucky’s PT program.
- A PT is required for every method-analyte pair, when laboratories or permittees perform analysis for a Kentucky Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (KPDES) permit.
- DMR-QA is still an acceptable PT under Kentucky’s program, but is not the only option.
- A list of PT providers can be found at: http://water.ky.gov/Documents/KY%20Approved%20PT%20Provider%20List.pdf
How does this affect me?
- All results submitted for a KPDES permit must now be performed by a laboratory certified by KLCP.
o This includes field analyses (pH, DO, residual chlorine, turbidity, temperature, and conductivity)
Who do I contact with questions?
- Frank Hall
o Email – DOWLabCertification@ky.gov (preferred)
o Phone – (502) 564–3410 ext. 4959