The annual contest is open to Kentucky high school students who create artwork in the categories of air, water, land and habitat. They were instructed to use media types of drawing, painting, print work, mixed media, sculpture, pottery and photographs.
The winners are as follows:
- Shelby Cook, Pleasure Ridge Park High School, Louisville
- Sophie Cozzolino, North Bullitt High School, Shepherdsville
- Sandra England, Metcalfe County High School
- Katelyn Reagan, Metcalfe County High School
- Maggie O’Leary, Metcalfe County High School
- Jessie Grissom, Metcalfe County High School
“The EcoART contest challenges Kentucky high school students to examine the relationship between the environment and people,” said R. Bruce Scott, DEP commissioner. “Through their artwork, the students reflect their thoughts and inspire others to protect our environment.”
Artwork from the 2016 contest winners will be displayed in the DEP Office Building in Frankfort, 300 Fair Oaks Lane, Frankfort, Ky., 40601.
The EcoART Contest is sponsored by DEP’s Division of Compliance Assistance. For more information about the contest, visit http://dca.ky.gov/LGGS/Pages/ecoart.aspx or call the Division of Compliance Assistance toll free at 800-926-8111.