The Kentucky Division of Environmental Program Support (DEPS) is pleased to announce the release of the annual report for the 2016 state fiscal year. The mission of the division is to support the mission of the Department for Environmental Protection by:
- Managing all of the administrative functions of the department including budgeting, human resources, facilities, vehicle fleet and information technology;
- Providing analytical laboratory services; and
- Managing the Environmental Response Team for response to environmental emergencies.
Some highlights from 2016 include:
- In FY2016, DEPS administered a departmental budget of $104,817,092;
- DEPS continued to work on future implementation of the next generation of information management software for the state through TEMPO 360;
- DEP responded to 7,141 open record requests from the public;
- The DEPS IMB Document Imaging Section scanned 168,727 documents, which equaled 3,205,915 pages in fiscal year ending June 30, 2016. That is the equivalent of scanning and quality checking almost six stacks of paper as tall as the Capital Plaza Office Tower in Frankfort.
- The Environmental Services Branch analyzed 2,684 environmental samples for the Department for Environmental Protection and the Department for Natural Resources.
The 2016 report and all previous annual reports for all divisions in the Department for Environmental Protection can be found at: http://dep.ky.gov/Pages/AnnualReports.aspx