The Kentucky Brownfield Redevelopment Program invites communities and those interested in brownfield redevelopment to an open house event that can assist you with your current and future projects.
The department will host a Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB) Open House on Friday, April 7, 2017, from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. EDT. The event will put your community in touch with organizations that can help provide brownfield training, funding identification, grant and technical assistance and project guidance.
The New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), the Center for Creative Land Recycling (CCLR) and the Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA) will all be on hand to talk about aspects of your project. Whether just an idea or something that is already in process, these experts can provide guidance.
TAB providers and CDFA receive grants from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to provide services, such as
- Developing and assisting with community involvement regarding site cleanups,
- Providing guidance on remediation and redevelopment,
- Explaining health impacts,
- Explaining the science and technology of brownfield redevelopment at all stages,
- Developing grant management techniques,
- Reviewing brownfield grants,
- Developing strategies for brownfield redevelopment,
- Identifying funding and resources,
- Facilitating stakeholder participation,
- Assisting with Revolving Loan Fund Grants,
- Identifying reuse financing and
- Exploring tax credits and tax increment financing for projects.
Who should attend?
- Current brownfield grant recipients working through their projects
- Potential brownfield grant recipients who want to gain resources to better implement a brownfield grant
- Former recipients that are still working through projects
- Communities/nonprofits that aren’t involved in brownfields yet, but are considering it
- Any community or group currently working with the Kentucky Brownfield Redevelopment Program who is interested in learning more about available programs and resources
Join us to find out how you can benefit from the Technical Assistance to Brownfields Program and CDFA. You can find out more about the event and register at https://dca.ticketleap.com/