See ways the Kentucky Division of Waste Management worked to serve the people of the Commonwealth in fiscal year 2018 (July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018).
This annual report includes highlights and accomplishments for the following branches within the division:
- Solid Waste Branch
- Recycling and Local Assistance Branch
- Hazardous Waste Branch
- Field Operations Branch
- Underground Storage Tank Branch
- Superfund Branch
- Program Planning and Administration Branch
The division continues to implement its core objectives, which are to 1) provide efficient program support to division branches and stakeholders, and 2) protect human health and enhance Kentucky’s land resources.
Highlights from 2018 include:
- 46 brownfield sites were reviewed pursuant to KRS 224.1-415. The division issued 30 Notice of Eligibility letters, and 37 Notification of Concurrence letters.
- 116 illegal open dumpsites were remediated, and more than 731 thousand waste tires were recovered.
- Through the Methamphetamine Lab Cleanup Program 9 residences were decontaminated.
- Municipal solid waste producers recycled totaled over 2.7 million tons.
- More than 11.5 million pounds of roadside litter were collected by state and local government and volunteer groups.
This report and previous annual reports can be found at Kentucky Division of Waste Management Annual Reports.