The Kentucky Division of Compliance Assistance (DCA) is pleased to announce the release of the Fiscal Year 2018 Annual Report. DCA improves regulatory compliance, achieves exceptional performance and enhances the quality of Kentucky’s environment and communities by:
- Certifying qualified environmental professionals
- Helping entities comply with Kentucky’s environmental requirements
- Facilitating environmental stewardship
- Assisting with redevelopment of brownfields
The Division increased its outreach efforts and the number of training events during the past year and it continues its efforts to provide its programs and services in more efficient, effective and innovative ways. The programs within the division were able to accomplish a great deal through the dedication and hard work of the DCA staff. Some highlights from 2018 include:
- The Operator Certification Program administered 992 exams that resulted in the issuance of 292 new or upgraded wastewater licenses, 339 new drinking water licenses and 91 new solid waste licenses.
- Responding to 1,085 assistance requests through the Environmental Compliance Assistance Program for topics related to air quality, waste management, and water.
The division hosted a series of workshops designed to familiarize attendees with environmental regulations and responsibilities. The workshops reached over 80 facilities.
- KY EXCEL hoisted the inaugural KY EXCEL Open House which highlighted program activities and featured presentations and an exhibit area to showcase member activities.
- KY EXCEL staff in collaboration with the Kentucky Distillers’ Association coordinated the seventh annual Sustainable Spirits Summit. The 2017 Summit was hosted by Copper and Kings Distillers, in Louisville, on October 3, 2017. Over fifty participants listened to presentations covering a range of topics including sustainability for distilleries, air permitting, pollinators and the KY EXCEL program.
The 2018 report and all previous annual reports can be found at: