The Kentucky Division of Environmental Program Support (DEPS) is pleased to announce the release of the annual report for the 2018 state fiscal year. The mission of the division is to support the mission of the Department for Environmental Protection by:
- Managing all of the administrative functions of the department including budgeting, human resources, facilities, vehicle fleet and information technology;
- Providing analytical laboratory services; and
- Managing the Environmental Response Team for response to environmental emergencies.
Some highlights from 2018 include:
- In FY2018, the division was reorganized to consolidate cabinet administrative functions to a new Office of Administrative Services.
- The laboratory maintained accreditation by the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program ensuring that the laboratory maintains a high level of analytical services.
- The Environmental Services Branch laboratory analyzed 4018 environmental samples during the 2017 calendar year for the Department for Environmental Protection and the Department for Natural Resources and is projected to have the highest total in 4 years during 2018.
The 2018 report and all previous annual reports for all divisions in the Department for Environmental Protection can be found at: http://dep.ky.gov/Pages/AnnualReports.aspx