Attendees will learn to improve quality, service and delivery while watching out for the environment
Strength Through Innovation:
Economy, Energy and Environment Strategies for Kentucky Industries
The Kentucky Pollution Prevention Center, Advantage Kentucky Alliance and Kentucky Division of Compliance Assistance are co-hosting a workshop designed to help Kentucky manufacturers. To be competitive in today’s global marketplace, businesses must look at their processes critically to ensure that they are efficient, innovative and sustainable. This workshop will focus on helping manufacturers advance efforts to use lean, clean and energy-efficient practices to conserve energy, reduce environmental impacts, preserve jobs and enhance overall competitiveness. See our agenda.
What Attendees Will Learn:
- Creating efficient processes through LEAN––a business model that identifies non value-added activities (waste) while focusing on rapid, continual improvement in cost, quality, service and delivery
- Increasing your bottom line and reducing waste through efficiency
- Integrating LEAN, energy-efficient and environmental efforts into your operations
- Successful sustainability programs
- Technical assistance resources and recognition opportunities
Who Should Attend?
– Facility Engineers
– Plant Managers
– Operations Managers
– Energy Managers
– Environmental Health and Safety Managers
To promote lean, clean and sustainable business practices in Kentucky, one no-cost facility assessment will be awarded to a qualified attendee of this workshop. See the required qualifications to apply for the assessment award.
The workshop will be held on Tuesday, June 16, 2015, from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. EDT at the DEP Training Center at 300 Fair Oaks Lane, Frankfort, KY 40601.
Admission: General $15; KY EXCEL members $10. This fee includes light continental breakfast and lunch.
To register, visit http://dca.ticketleap.com/. You must register by June 11.