In the year 2012 alone, the Department for Environmental Protection processed 4,441 complaints. Legitimate complaints are vital to protecting public and environmental health in the Commonwealth.
File a complaint with the appropriate contact from the phone numbers listed below. Since the contact likely has no prior knowledge of the specific complaint, essential information must be provided to best serve the complainant, such as:
- Basic information of complainant, like name, phone number and address (This information will be kept anonymous if the complainant so chooses.)
- Names of responsible party and location(s) of the incident, including the county (Details such as street name and closest intersection or GPS coordinates are most helpful.)
- The nature of the complaint
- The occurrence, frequency and/or duration of the problem (Dates and times are preferred.)
- Other information that may be pertinent to the issue
After compiling the necessary information, contact Continue reading “How the Public Can Participate in Environmental Protection”